25 June 2009

BEEN AWAY

I haven't been blogging much over here lately, as I took on the job of webmaster for my school (Marist Canberra) Rugby site and we set up a whole new site.. you can check it out at www.maristrugby.com.au. It's turned out to be a lot of work, but quite rewarding, but it's about time to get back into it.

Well done the Brumbies on a great season and go the Wallabies.

I am very excited about some of the signings for next year - Gits is back, Rocky Elsom knows a good deal when he sees one and we haven't lost too many. Have it on good authority that Julian Salvi will be back in a couple of years after his Italian sojourn and ready to take over where George Smith leaves off, if and when George decides to call it a day. I think we are in for another golden era of Brumbies Rugby and I believe that Andy Friend is getting it right. See Green and Gold Rugby's article at http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/andy-friend-talks-all-things-brumbies-with-ggr/comment-page-1/#comment-8972

Looking back I made a couple of predictions early in the season. I said that the Brumbies could win the S14 if they made the 4. Wasn't too wide of the mark. I said that Matt Toomua would be a standout and he's getting there, so not bad all in all.

Test season is here and the Wallabies are shaping up well.

Will Lote make it? I reckon Robbie is toughening him up and making him hungry. He will feature at some time in the Tri Nations.

I think we are a definite chance for all of the silverware this year, but the Boks will be match hardened after the Lions, though they might be in a bit of a let down phase, after all the hype.

Now, if we could just win the 7's once in a while ........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your submission. We will publish your article as soon as we can. Please remember that we reserve our rights to edit your article, if we see the need? See you on the sidelines!! Cheers, Gatesy